Why do I need web maintenance?
As we have moved away from simple static webpages of the turn-of-the-century to the dynamic database-driven content management systems of 2016, I liken the experience to progressing from a horse-drawn buggy to a shiny new automobile. Old webpages could be parked online like you might store an old wagon in the barn. But our new websites need regular maintenance to prevent security risks and data loss. Just as we expect to pay attention to timely oil changes and tune-ups on our cars to maintain our investment, our websites need regular attention also.
The Internet is constantly changing and in order for your website to continue to render properly in new browsers, play well with new software, and remain secure from hackers, code must be updated regularly. Did you know that a new WordPress update is being released every 50 days on average?
I think that updating and backing-up your WordPress website or blog is like eating healthy or exercising regularly. It is vital to the health of your site:
- To remove website vulnerabilities and reduce security risks.
- To insure that your website works properly on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
- Because Search Engines value FRESH content.
- Because broken links and pages hurt your search placement.
In these challenging economic times, outsourcing your website maintenance offers you much more for your money. Whether your website requires an occasional update or ongoing weekly changes, we have a solutions to keep your website up-to-date and accurate with fresh content. Our cost-effective Website maintenance plans are designed to keep your site healthy and secure plus to inspire business growth while fitting your budget. Let us update your software, make changes to your Website content, manage your online store, find & fix problems and backup your website.
What does web maintenance include?
- Full weekly backup copy of your website
- WordPress updates as they become available
- Monthly plugin updates
- Product changes or additions
- Updates to calendar or upcoming events
- Post job opportunities
- Photos, graphics, graphs, and charts updated
- Text re-writes or edits
- Site facelifts and makeovers
- Monthly detailed invoicing
- Communication by phone, e-mail, or video chat 5 days a week
- Friendly, personal service.
What are the Benefits?
- Economical and convenient – instead of hiring a full-time IT person or expecting an existing employee to learn on your time.
- Your website maintains it quality with professional edits.
- Search Engines Emphasize Content Freshness in Ranking learn more >>
If you think that you will not make many changes to your website regularly, we can provide maintenance services on an hourly basis.
$75/hr – 1 hour Minimum charge
For your convenience and peace of mind, I have put together a few maintenance packets that I would recommend. Whether your website requires only an occasional update or ongoing content changes, we have a solution to keep your website fresh, up-to-date, accurate, and secure.
Website Monthly Retainer Maintenance Packages
For those businesses requiring regular and ongoing website maintenance services, retainer plans provide pre-paid services that lock in your discounted hourly labor rate. You can purchase in one month pre-paid increments and update your quantity at the shopping cart when additional months are desired.
Clients purchasing Web Maintenance Packages will receive:
- Lower rates
- Priority service
- FREE Full weekly backup copy of your website
- FREE Wordpress updates as they become available
- FREE Monthly plugin updates
Micro Maintenance Package
1 Hour website maintenance per month Additional hours may be ordered at $65/hour
Small Business Website Maintenance Package
3 Hour website maintenance per month Additional hours may be ordered at $60/hour
Medium Size Business Website Maintenance Service
5 hours website Maintenance per month Additional hours may be ordered at $55/hour
Corporate Maintenance Package
10 hours website maintenance per month Additional hours may be ordered at $50/hour
Advanced Corporate Package
20 hours website maintenance per month Additional hours may be ordered at $45/hour
Our needs fluctuate and most businesses have a busy time and a slower time. Some months you may need more edits and changes done on your site than others. Unused hours will roll-over to the following month for up to 3 months.